13 December 2006

Morning Coffee (28)

It is nearly 50 outside. Tomorrow's high is forecasted to be 57. Poor Erie's only going to get to 45 tomorrow. I guess it could be worse; you could have another foot of snow. Don't worry, it'll come.

I just had what may be the best breakfast sandwich ever. Rarely do I eat out anymore; my meals consist of ramen noodles mostly, with the occasional bologna sandwich, but I decided to stop at Tim Horton's for a coffee. I'm tired of making it here ever day. Well, I get one of their sausage, egg and cheese sandwiches and I must say I am very impressed. I went in with low expectations, but I think it beats the pants off any major chain's breakfast sandwiches. You should try one. Today's Morning Coffee is brought to you by Tim Horton's. With coffee as hot as felsic magma, your taste buds will be scared into thinking our stuff is good.

Huge response of outrage regarding yesterday's story about Rep Reyes. And by huge, I mean one. Which is good. I mean, if I were a teacher, it would all be worth it if I could just make a positive impact on one child's life, isn't that what these idiots tell themselves? Oh, by impact I mean the gaping dent in his forehead from the stapler that I hurled at him because he was passing notes to his troglodyte girlfriend. Did I also mention that the kid whom I hit with the stapler was wheelchair bound and only had a few weeks to live because he was dying of some rare, un-named illness?

Also, what kind of moron says that sort of thing anyway? "If I just impact one child's life, it will all be worth it." What will be worth it? The thousands of dollars you spent on your degree? Dealing with countless rejects, the pride of America? And what if the one kid you impact is in your first class, wouldn’t' that seem sort of anti-climatic? Would you then be a terrible teacher for the next 25 years, tormenting poor students because you already accomplished your goal and were bitter that it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to?

Oh, what a day. I got nothing.

Word of the Day: My system's broken, thus no word today. Sorry to disappoint.
On This Day in History: The Roman goddess Tellus Mater (aka Terra Mater) was celebrated in the Carinae district on the Esquiline Hill and a table was spread for the goddess Ceres as well. Tellus Mater means "Mother Earth" and she was celebrated as such. She is also associated with marriage, motherhood, pregnant woman, and pregnant animals. Perhaps I should have prayed to Tellus.

Behold, the lamest Morning Coffee you've ever had.

No comments: