06 December 2006

Morning Coffee (24)

It appears that winter's grip is firmly locked in place. I can tell every morning when I wake up; the knees and joints ache a little. For the last couple of days, those of you in Erie have been experiencing your first major snowfall. I find that incredibly amusing. I hope you get hammered all winter long; I hope it piles up like bodies in Stalingrad, and continue to do so into April. I despise Erie for that very reason (among others - namely the place is over-run by the dead and dying - just like the city itself), and glad that I no longer live there. I have no pity for those of you who are still there, or have chosen to return to the gods' forsaken place. It maybe cold here, but at least I don't have to shovel my driveway three times a day. And rest assured, I probably won't have snow in April. However, when it gets this cold, I do wish I would have taken the job in Tampa…

I really hate it when you have a word you want to use, but you can't find it. Where the hell does the word go? I know with what letter it starts, but the word will not come. Never (well, rarely ever) is something so frustrating as that. Ah…there it is…persistent.

I really have nothing today. I was going to write about something interesting, but I find that it's not all that interesting after all. At least not at the moment.

Word of the Day: Licentious: (adjective): 1. sexually unrestrained; lascivious; libertine; lewd; 2. unrestrained by law or general morality; lawless; immoral; 3. going beyond customary or proper bounds or limits; disregarding rules.

On This Day in History: Kiev falls to the Mongols under Batu Khan (1240).

"Under for the third time. I've been baptized by your voice. It screams from deep beneath the endless water. And it's half as high as heaven, and half as clear as reason. It's cold and…and black like silt on the riverbed."

No comments: