08 December 2006

Morning Coffee (26)

Good Morning. And today, it might actually be a good morning. I'm in a fairly good mood. Maybe it's the serotonin, who knows.

I don't have much that I want to discuss today. It's Friday, and that means the weekend is upon us. Many of you will have it off, and will likely enjoy your free time. Some of you will have to work. I will have free time, but I doubt that I'll enjoy it much. In fact, I dread the weekends most of all. Too much free time in a house with too many memories and is far too big and far too lonely. It's times like this, free time, that I envy idiots with their ability to not think about anything. I’m a prisoner of my own intellect. Ironic. I would come to work if they paid me for it. I'd just as soon work seven days a week. Maybe I'll go back over-seas.

So, everyone enjoy their weekend. Give me a call if you're bored. Hell, come on down/up/over to Dayton if you can afford the expense.

I did however, finish Rome last night. Which I guess is a tragedy, since I can't now use it to waste time this weekend. Brilliant show though. Ending was something else.

Word of the Day: Nettlesome (adjective): Causing irritation, vexation, or distress.
On This Day in History: Pope Pius IX proclaims the dogma of Immaculate Conception, which holds that the Virgin Mary was born free of original sin (1854). This is not the first time this was brought up, however. The Feast of the Immaculate Conception was first celebrated on 08 Dec 1476, but the it was not defined as a dogma of the faith - Christians were allowed to believe it or not. Not after 1854, though. Then it was established as dogma, and was thus true. That took a long time to determine, no? My kid was immaculately conceived too; I didn't spill so much as a drop. It was immaculate. And if anyone thinks my kid was born as a sinner, I will immaculately provide you with a one way ticket to meet Mary and you can ask her yourself.

"Whatsoever I've feared has become my life. Whatsoever I've fought off became my life. Just when every day seemed to greet me with a smile, sunspots have faded. Now I'm doing time. 'Cause I fell on black days. Whomsoever I've cured I've sickened now. Whomsoever I've cradled I've put you down. I'm a search light soul they say, but I can't see it in the night. I’m only faking when I get it right. 'Cause I fell on black days. So what you wanted to see good has made you blind. And what you wanted to be yours has made it mine. How would I know that this could be my fate? 'Cause I fell on black days."

Until Monday. Oh, the last person on the distro list does not really exist.

No comments: