09 February 2007

Morning Coffee (61)

Nothing yesterday; my apologies. I was not in the office until later in the day, and that wouldn't make a good Morning Coffee. I can't just go changing the title to suit the times.

Today. Well. I don't see much that's so important that I need to talk about it. Anna Nicole Smith is dead. Supposedly the final footage of her life has sold for over a half a million dollars. That's insane. Who cares that much?

Upstate NY is on the receiving end of a gargantuan snow storm. Seventy inches in some parts; snow was falling at a rate of five inches an hour. One can only hope that Utica received a bunch, but probably not.

We're moving our office today, so I'm cutting this one short. Sorry to disappoint. I have no idea what they're doing with the computers, but I'm told it could be two days before they're up and running again, so if you don't hear from me, you know why. Either that or I'm dead.

Can the Apocalypse just come already? At least it would be interesting. Have a merry weekend.

Word of the Day: Pyrric victory (PIR-ik) (noun): a victory achieved at great or excessive cost; a ruinous victory. Named so because of Pyrrhus of Epirus' supposed victories over the Romans in the late 3rd century BCE. He allegedly said of one of his victories, "One more victory like that and I'll be ruined." Pyrrhus was without reinforcements as he was fighting on Italy; he could not afford to suffer the losses the Romans (the losers of the battles) were inflicting upon him.

On This Day in History: John Quincy Adams is elected President by the House of Representatives after no candidate received a majority of electoral votes (1825).

"I woke the same as any other day except a voice was in my head. It said seize the day, pull the trigger, drop the blade and watch the rolling heads…"

No comments: