02 February 2007

Morning Coffee (57)

Morning. Statement of fact, not a wish-you-well sentiment. It is morning. Then it will be noon, and as you know, the afternoon follows that. Then we'll have evening, followed closely by night. This is what we have to look forward to. The vicious cycle will continue on until the end of the universe.

Global warming. Climate change. I'm tired of reading about it. It's quite obvious that the media has a bias on this one. You read and see a great deal of bold fonts on news pages pointing you to one scientist after another who extols that this is all created by man. Sometimes you'll see the opposition say that it's not, or that we can't prove that yet. But mostly just bold, underlined, italicized fonts saying that, yep, man's responsible for the world's ills. My favorite are the scientists that say that there's "no question" that man has caused global warming. No question, eh? By saying that, he automatically invalidates any argument against his stance, no matter how logical it may be. I hate people that argue like that. It'd be like a devout Christian saying to me, "There's no question that god exists. None at all." It would be pretty hard for me to then put forth my point of view and have the person listen. His mind has been made up. Which is all well and good when you're dealing with faith and such nonsense, but when you're arguing for a particular scientific theory, it's absurd. Science doesn't (shouldn't) work that way. I don't recall any new scientific laws being created that state that man is wholly responsible for climate change. Anyway, bring on the Apocalypse. I want to see what I'm made of. Seriously. Let's do this. I'll get the bunker stocked with food, fuel, ammunition, water, and medical supplies. You bring yourselves and some guns. You ready?

Side note: I hate KT Tunstall.

Another: Can someone put me to sleep until after the next presidential election? I really don't want to listen to the attack ads, snore-inducing rhetoric, and lofty promises that our finest citizens will put out in the next year and a half. It's like Christmas, it keeps getting earlier and earlier. Our lawmakers should pass some laws - you've got six months to run your campaign. Period. They we have a vote. If you can't tell America everything about yourself, including why you should be the Commander in Chief, in six months, then you needn't be in the office. You suck. You can't organize, and you can't articulate yourself. Go back to the senate or the house or back underneath whatever rock you came from.

By the way, Exxon earned the largest profit in US history this past year. How much? How's $39.5 billion sound? Exxon would be wealthier than many nations. Remember, that's profit, not their budget. That's how much money they "took home" last year. With that money, they could purchase outright nearly 19 B-2 bombers.

I'm making this my horoscope: "Your charred, lifeless body will time and again debunk the old myth about lightning never striking the same place twice." No, that's my mantra…Some idiot once had on their Myspace some ridiculous quote about lightning never striking twice…blah, blah…moron.

Word of the Day: Moribund (adjective): 1. in a dying state; dying; at the point of death; 2. becoming obsolete or inactive. Indeed. I'm moribund as the proverbial mo-fo.

On This Day in History: A number of people died due to various reasons, some more painfully than others. This has been happening since the dawn of man. Far more depressing than this, but equally true, it's Groundhog's Day. How much you wanna bet the little [insert profanity here] sees his shadow?

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight…I am fuel, you are friends, we got the means to make amends. I am lost I'm no guide, but I'm by your side. I am right by your side…"

No comments: