09 March 2007

Morning Coffee (65)

Our little coffee meetings haven’t been much of a ritual lately. Not much I can do about that, I’m afraid. I cannot predict if it will get more regular, but if it doesn’t, I feel I’ve given you folks a good four months or so of fresh, hot Coffee with which to start the day. In other words, tough.

I’m in a rotten mood today; just plain angry. For no particular reason either. That was something that some people couldn’t ever understand. That someone would want to be in a bad mood. These people, or person, who shall remain nameless, would expect you to be a ball of friggin’ radiant sunshine all the time, and would only harp on you if you weren’t. Gods forbid you want to be left alone and just be angry for a little while. Can’t have that, now can we.

On my drive into work this morning, I was thinking how worthless this one particular human being is, and I came to the realization that it is ME who is a worthless human being. See, virtually all people are worthless human beings, thus that is the norm. If that is the norm, and I’m an aberration, then I am the one who is a poor excuse for a human. What’s worse, I’m greatly immoral. Morality is nothing more than the status quo. If an action is accepted by the community at large, it is thus moral. I am immoral because I’m the exact opposite of the community: I don’t lie, I’m loyal, I don’t cheat, I don’t toss away friendship and human relationships with reckless abandon, I think before I act (like a moron), I try to work hard, and I try to do the “wrong” thing – you know, like pick up trash in my yard and help people out; the wrong thing. And I’m not talking about the false morality to which people pay lip service (turn the other cheek, thou shalt not, etc) because it’s a fraud. Morality is reality, not some illusion. So there you have it, I am an immoral, worthless excuse for a human being. The truth feels good. I feel relieved in just accepting what I am and knowing I can never possibly live up the humanity’s expectations.

Georgia is supposedly going to have some class in public schools that’s based on the Bible. This is a really good idea. It’s not the “The Good Book” it’s a good book as some guy in Georgia says. Indeed, sir, it is. There’s hope yet that in 1,000 years there will be a religion based on Stephen King’s “Gunslinger” because, after all, it is a GOOD book.

Word of the Day: Conflagration (noun): 1. a large and destructive fire; a general burning; 2. something like a conflagration; conflict; war.

On This Day in History: Speaking of conflagration, B-29s bomb Tokyo with incendiary bombs resulting in a massive fire storm that kills more than 100,000 people. We missed all sorts of good day this past week or so. Look them up.

No comments: